Saturday, December 19, 2009

Purchasing A Kia Forte


Kia Forte was officially launch at Pavilion on 25 Nov 2009 (Wednesday). I went on the same date (after the official ceremony; gotta work to earn a leaving..) to view the car. Was on display, are 1.6 SX Clear White and 2.0 SX Spicy Red. The sales representative spent a good 30mins with me, explaining and showing me the car's equipment/features.

The next day, I called up Naza Kia Customer Care hotline to inquire for the nearest Naza Kia Showroom in Cheras. Call up the Cheras showroom, spoke to sales representative X and made test drive booking on 27 Nov 2009 (Friday), 4 - 5 pm.
On 27 Nov 2009, my wife and I reach the showroom at about 4pm, for test drive. Was annoyed when X told us that test drive is not available today, its a public holiday and insurance companies do not provide coverage during public holidays. Why wasn't I told when I called? X reasoning was simple, there was a miscommunication, X understood that we were arriving on 26 Nov 2009 (Thursday), 4 -5 pm. Well what can I say.. we then booked another test drive date, 28 Nov 2009 (Saturday), 9.30am.


On 28 Nov 2009, we arrived early at about 9.20am. Showroom is open, but X is not around, neither his colleagues or I was able to contact X through his mobile. His colleagues was not keen to allow us for a test drive, stating that we should wait for X. After waiting for 20mins, I told X's colleague about our situation, he reluctantly assist us for a test drive on a Forte 1.6 SX and told me to 'deal' (work out the car purchase if interested) with X. My wife, and baby Jason was on the back seat while I took the wheel (sales representative sat at the front passenger seat).


During first gear acceleration, the power to move the car was adequate (3 adults, 1 baby). I immediately notice that gear change is smooth (but not silky smooth). Not to mentioned car handling is pretty good, good feedback from the steering (but not excellent, its not a Ford Focus). Interior build quality is good. My wife commented that, the back passenger seat is comfortable. Rear window is narrow, not really issue with us.


After the test drive, we head back home. My wife and I discussed about the car at home and we decided to purchase it. Few things that captured our hearts were, (1) Easy on the eye exterior design, with a little taste of sportiness, (2) Good Handling, (4) 5 star NHTSA rated safety (only applicable to Kia Forte with 6 airbags; 1.6SX only 2 airbags), (3) Interior Build is good, and (5) C-segment car priced at B-segment car price range.


Gave a call to X, and the first thing he did was to apologise to us, on his 'nonappearance' during the test drive time allocated, he had an emergency to attend too. X and I discussed about the purchase, and on the same day, my wife and I went down to the showroom to put down the booking fees and provide the necessary documents to X.


Here is a short summary of our purchase.
Purchase At
Taman Maluri
Car Model
1.6 SX, Spicy Red
Booked
28 Nov 2009
Loan Approved
1 Dec 2009
Downpayment
2 Dec 2009
Car Delivered
17 Dec 2009


Despite of the miscommunication and setbacks, we find that X (sales representative) is a friendly and honest salesman. We're pretty comfortable recommending anyone to Taman Maluri showroom to buy a Kia Forte.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Victor, this is Terrance here. How is your condition of your forte now? did you encounter any more issue on your forte? I am currently looking at a second hand forte, which i am concern on its performance and issues since it's a second hand car. Looking forward to your reply at egg86_tam@yahoo.com or at this blog post =) happy CNY to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victor,

    I am planning to grab a new Forte 2.0L 6 speed. I kinda like the Forte design (both exterior and interior) and of course the breath-taking low pricing for a C-Segment Car. Only that I noticed quite some negative feedback for Kia on the internet forum. Kinda worry about the quality and reliability (very bad experience with my previous Perdana V6).

    Do you mind to tell your opinion, since you are probably driving a Forte for more than a year now. Is your spicy red baby still as hot as previous ?

    best regards,
    Nic
    (nicolasliew@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete