Monday, January 4, 2010

Follow-up on 1K Preventive Maintenance

Jalan Cheras SC called me today. We spoke on three subjects.

#1 Scratch at door panel.
SC said they will replace the tab that was scratch by foreman for FOC. WOW! Yes, this caught me by surprise. Pretty good service here! I've always hear of horror stories about Naza Kia service, but this call made me think hard about my perception on Naza Kia's SC.

#2 A drop in engine performance after 1,000KM
Immediately after my Forte's 1,000KM Preventive Maintenance, I drove my sister to KLIA. While driving, I notice,
  1. The engine sounded louder
  2. The car throttle pedal is heavier
  3. The car throttle pedal is not as responsive as before the service; It doesn't have the light feeling anymore
Upon reaching KLIA, I called the SC and Customer Service to make a complaint. On Sat (2 Jan), I email the SC and cc a copy to customer service management on the subject. Apparently, I am the FIRST Kia Forte owner to make a complain about this issue.
Well.. today, SC called me to ask on the status of the engine performance. I told the SC, its still the same as before. He ask me to come in this Saturday for a check, even if its after workings hours, they are willing to wait for me. This lead me to the third subject, which I will speak about shortly.
I read in the MyFORTE FB group, few owners had the same problem as me. One in particular told me that, his cold start is louder but as of today the engine noise subsided to the original volume. I do hope mind will too. Hope that this is part and parcel of 'break-in' process for engine.

#3 Left hand side pull while driving car
Isn't it obvious this is the third subject  :-P  I have plans to take the Forte for alignment service in Setapak on Saturday morning, therefore I'm unable to visit Jalan Cheras SC in the morning, the Jalan Cheras SC extends their help to me even after Saturday office hours (Saturday is a half day for SC). In our conversation, I asked SC why he recommended Setapak SC to do alignment (Setapak is about 1 hrs drive from my home). SC told me that, at the moment, only Setapak SC has the parts to change the chamber if required. Asked about Jalan Tandang SC, he said they can service alignment but if there are issues, they are unable to change and repaired them, the most Jalan Tandang SC can do is alignment. Of course that is not good enough, even after they "fix" (in quote because its seems to be fixed but its not) the alignment will run out again. So guys, if you are reading this, please take note, and take the extra effort to go Setapak SC if you have alignment issues.
I read in MyForte FB group and lowyat.net, quite a number of Forte owners have this issue. Not sure whether its a normal alignment issue or chamber need to be fixed. But none know about this little tips from Jalan Cheras SC.

Even though I had some unpleasant service at Jalan Cheras. Today, after the call, I feel pretty satisfied with the service. That is how a SC should be run. So overall, I'm satisfied with Jalan Cheras SC's service. They called to follow-up on pending matters, and are willing to extend their working hours to accommodate my Saturday schedule.

7 comments:

  1. I have yet to try SC in Kota Kinabalu and there's ONLY ONE SC...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah, only 1 SC! hmm.. this will be challenging..

    ReplyDelete
  3. just done my alignment today. Change the chamber nut.huhu. steering still pull to the left but not as hard as before.. kinda satisfied..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi bro, where is this jln cheras SC?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Located beside the petrol station opposite PGRM Cheras

    ReplyDelete
  6. bro, no address in nazakia website la..
    is this a 3S or 2S centre?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its 2S centre. But it doesn't have balancing & alignment facilities, which I find it irritating.

    I found the address in nazakia website,
    NKSSB CHERAS
    NO. 100-1, JALAN 92C,
    BATU 31/4 JALAN CHERAS
    56100 KUALA LUMPUR

    ReplyDelete